Monday, May 13, 2013

Alexandrite and Diamond Anniversary Ring - Creation Story

Following are the photos from a custom ring I made for a 45th wedding anniversary. I have attached the email I received from a client wanting to create a very special ring - and photos of the process.

The alexandrite was from her pendant - some additional stones were provided and I selected new diamonds to match.
"Amy,
The main stone is synthetic alexandrite that was given by my Dad when he proposed to her. At that time, my Dad thought it was a natural stone. He got it from local jewelry store in Vietnam about 45 years ago. Anyway, she made a necklace with this stone and she's been wearing about 40 years. She gave this to me about 3 years ago when I had my first daughter. But I know that how much she treasured this stone. So, I just want to make a very special ring for her with this stone for her 45th anniversary.

Sketch of Anniversary Ring to be Created
Sketch of Anniversary Ring to be Created
Sorry for the long email but, I really want this ring to turn out a very special and fine ring. Also, I want this ring to look like a art deco and delicate(don't want to look either thick nor bulky). Any comments or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!!" P .Kim, April, 2013
Wax of Custom Anniversary Ring

18K White Gold Raw Cast

Alexandrite and Diamond Anniversary Ring
Final 45th Anniversary Ring - Custom Alexandrite and Diamonds 18K White Gold Ring
"Amy, I got the ring this morning and was blown away by how well this ring was made and how beautiful this ring is. I really appreciate all your work and effort. "



1 comment:

  1. Love this post! This is a really good blog wish more people would read this, you offer some really good suggestions on Alexandrite Pendant. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete