Friday, November 22, 2013

Story Behind a Resetting - Tammy’s Marquis Diamond Wedding Ring Story


I have an exceptional client that comes to me on a regular basis for quality stone resettings.  I asked her if she would share the story behind one of her favorite pieces, and she immediately responded with her Marquis Diamond story, our first project together.

"My husband bought my Marquis Diamond over 20 years ago for our wedding. We lived in McAllen, Texas at the time, and he knew several friends that were jewelers.  It was set in yellow gold.  It truly is a beautiful stone. I loved it!  When we got back together a few years ago, I wanted it to be different…special for our renewed love and 2nd marriage to each other.  So I was thinking to have it dipped from gold to platinum.



One day, I was just scrolling the web on having rings dipped from gold to platinum, and somehow I ran into Amy’s website and caught sight of two rings with tiny diamonds all around.  They were also hammered. I'm a huge fan of hammered jewelry. So, I called her, and we took off from there.  Since I turned it over to Amy Certilman, I don't have the words to express how beautiful her work is. My wedding ring is the prettiest setting I have ever seen. Ever!!  I am so tickled I found her."

"Another thing about my ring is it's so very unique. I had some friends over the other day, and one man said my ring was absolutely gorgeous!

Amy’s work is so impeccable, and she’s so wonderful about making what you want, just the way you want.  I will always have Amy for my friend. Not only as a friend but she will always make new jewelry for me. A big thank you again, Amy."

Thank you Tammy! So glad we were able to make such beautiful jewelry together. 






No comments:

Post a Comment