Monday, May 23, 2011

The Story Behind the Stones #1

BEFORE - 1950's diamond cocktail ring











It seems everyone loves a good story! I am frequently told by clients and viewers of my website and facebook page that as much as they love seeing the jewelry, they love reading the "stories behind the stones" --- so this week I've decided to tell the story with the stones -- I was contacted by a family to help them sort out their inherited jewelry - among the many pieces we sorted was this 1950's diamond cocktail ring. No one thinks it has seen the light of day for twenty years! My client is one of three boys and the ring had belonged to his mother with special instructions for his wife to do what she wanted with it. 
AFTER - Removable diamond pendant with necklace
At first, all she knew was that she wanted to reset the diamonds and make something new. Once clean the stones were dazzling and after removing them and measuring --- I presented several ideas to my clients -- one of which was similar to a necklace I had done last year utilizing a large center stone in a circle pendant. There were plenty of perfectly matched diamonds to make that and a new diamonds-by-the-yard type necklace. The only stones missing were for the enhancer - so I purchased ones to match. Needless to say, this very special pendant now hangs on a very special daughter-in-law, whose face shines almost as much as the diamonds:)
AFTER - Removable diamond pendant and necklace

AFTER - Removable pendant shown on black cord


No comments:

Post a Comment