Friday, July 8, 2011

Divorce Jewelry - Shifting Karma

As a jewelry "re-designer", working with a client that is ready to redo wedding jewelry from a divorce requires a positive and forward looking perspective.  Before the project beings, I have found it beneficial to spend time helping my client shift their consciousness to find and rediscover the good karma that once existed in the stones.

Whether amicable or not, a divorce signifies the end of something that started with love and optimism. What remains are memories, and of course unworn wedding and anniversary jewelry. My job is to assess the "baggage" and help my client visualize and get excited about what their new jewelry will look like.

Possible setting options for unworn wedding jewelry
Stones out of old wedding band setting











Many times, after the stone is removed from the original setting, I encourage my clients to think about the day they were given the stones - not the ring.  I have found it is beneficial to focus on the joy and excitement from when they first got the jewelry - and keep the focus on the stones.

Once the positive energy is recaptured, and a new life for the stone is visualized, the fun begins in finding the right look that fits her current lifestyle and budget.

The response I get when delivering "new" jewelry to a divorcee is very rewarding as I am delivering jewelry a client never thought she would want to wear again... jewelry she took part in creating... jewelry that suits her new life... jewelry that is a gift she has given to herself. Most importantly, jewelry that she will wear and love - once again.

A few examples of re-designed and reset wedding jewelry and the response from my clients:

Unworn wedding band and ring become new diamond pendant

"After my divorce my diamond engagement ring and wedding band were just sitting in my jewelry box. I didn't want to sell them because a) sentimental value and b) thought my boys might want the stones one day for their brides. Amy created the most beautiful piece of jewelry out of both rings: a pendant that can be clipped on to any necklace. I have worn it on a leather and making it look casual as well as on a diamond chain and pearl necklace for black tie events. Strangers have approached me wanting to know where I bought it! I love wearing it not only because its a stunning piece but because I can keep my ex whom I still care for close to my heart!"                 - Linda K., Bedford, NY

Unworn wedding band becomes new diamond earrings

"Making a "clean sweep" through my husbands gifted jewelry when my 14 year marriage ended was truly a cathartic, uplifting process. The saying "out with the old and in with the new" applied to so many aspects of my new life. Transforming my beautiful jewelry into completely different, powerful and sexy statements was truly a gift of priceless value to me! Thank you so much, Amy, for restoring more than just my ring! You restored my heart and spirit, too!"           - Carol L. Fairfield, CT


Unworn wedding jewelry is transformed into three new pieces
Unworn three stone ring becomes new "right-hand" ring and earrings
"Amy did an amazing job transforming my rings into beautiful contemporary jewelry that reflects my style and taste. She has an incredible ability to creatively make suggestions that can work on each of your pieces and more importantly, she picks designs that fit your needs and lifestyles. I love all my new necklaces and earring and can not wait to find more pieces for her to work on!
- Elyse L. Port Washington, NY



"After being divorced and having my jewelry sit in my jewelry box for three years, Amy found and created new settings for my diamonds that I was planning to sell. She brought new life to my jewelry .... for my new life! Now I love it and wear it all the time - Thank you Amy!               - Betsy B. New Canaan, CT

No comments:

Post a Comment